Sunday, March 10, 2013

Mother's Day

Today is my first Mother's Day! Well, in the UK anyways. Apparently the date is tied in with the Lenten season over here. 

To celebrate, my little family went out to brunch in Fulham and then Andrew and I watched a lot of Downton Abbey - my latest obsession. I had a night out last night for my friend Helen's birthday so I wasn't on top form today. I got the most beautiful flowers too!



Juliette has really been blossoming these last few weeks! She now LOVES eating her solid foods. She prefers actual pieces of food (Avocado, cheese, bread, peaches, kiwi, eggs, etc) rather than the purees. Spoons are the enemy. And yesterday, she finally "got" how her sippy cup works! She was super proud of herself after that...although today, when she sucks in the water, she now likes to fountain shoot it out of her mouth... Not mommy's favorite new trick! 

Dinner time has become something I look forward to every day. Andrew and I now sit at the table (instead of in front of the TV) and Juliette is in her high chair with some sort of fruit to feed herself (her dinner time is earlier than ours). She couldn't be more quite than if she were asleep during this time.. my girl LOVES feeding herself! It reminds me of my family dinners growing up. It's just nice being all together and catching up on the day. 

I think crawling is just around the corner now for little JJ. She can army crawl backwards at the moment, spin 360 degrees in the same spot and zombie crawl forward about an inch when she is SUPER motivated, usually when she's flung a toy just a little too far. Yesterday she pushed up to a sitting position for the first time too! I never cease to be amazed by what this kid can do. It's absolutely mind blowing how fast they develop! 

I think every mom is proud of their kid, but I think I have a little intellectual super star in the making. She is absolutely obessed with books. She rolls over to her book basket at least 3 times a day and pulls out books to look at. The baby is 8.5 months! She's been able to do the Pat the Bunny book since about 6.5 months, but today was the first day I caught some of it on camera. It's a half efforted attempt, but you get the idea.

  
She's such a great kid!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment