Monday, May 28, 2012

36 weeks!

You can do it!
I've completed 36 weeks of pregnancy. From Wednesday, I can safely go into labor at any time even though I'm not technically due until June 20th. 

Ta da!
Saturday, our changing table was delivered in about 50 million small pieces. Andrew diligently put it together for 3 long hours, but it looks great and it was so so comforting to have somewhere to put all the baby stuff we have! 

I spent a few hours Sunday afternoon going through all the baby clothes and other bits and tried to organise. It ended up being perfect for everything!  Well, everything from 0-3 months... this girl has more clothes already than I do! It'll be interesting to see how she survives after she outgrows 3 months, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Accessories Drawer
The accessories drawer is my favorite :) She has shoes, socks that look like shoes, sandals, tutus, sunglasses, tights, a bathing suit... I love it all! And then there is a drawer for bath towels and wash cloths, one for just onesies, one for "outfits" and then the last two are for moby wraps, burp clothes, blankets, etc. 

We also saw What to Expect when Expecting on Sunday with Valentina and Rob. It's getting really hard for me to sit for extended period of time without my trusty back pillow I use at the flat. I guess this is the hard part of pregnancy people keep talking about. Other than having to pee every five minutes and the swollen sore feet... I guess it really isn't THAT bad :) I am definitely starting to look a little rough though. My pictures aren't as forgiving at this stage...  



How far along? 36 Weeks

Total weight gain: 25 lbs 
 
Maternity clothes? With the London heat wave, I've been living in the same three maternity dresses and my trusty "lounge" outfit above. The heat should break later this week though. 

Stretch marks? Nope. Just three more weeks, come on!
 
Sleep: Sleeping well actually. Still having weirdo dreams, but I am starting to wake up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. I haven't done that since the first trimester! I feel like I could've slept for forever today. 

Best moment this week:  My baby shower and just having a lot of social plans :) It made the week go by so fast! 
   
Miss Anything? My waist. I would love to wear cute little dresses and jumpsuits right now!  
 
Movement: Strong stretches. Little feet on my right side. My whole stomach moves now when she does, it's so crazy!    

Food cravings: Water. I really want to eat candy too, but i've been trying to resist that one because A) it's not good for the baby and B) Brit candy is weak anyways... unless you go to the cinema.  
 
Anything making you queasy or sick: The heat. Public Transportation.  
 
Gender: Baby girl
 
Labor Signs: I keep reading that I should be experiencing Braxton Hicks contractions, but I feel nothing like that! Maybe this will be a good sign for actual labor in that I won't feel the initial parts all that much?? 
 
Symptoms: tiredness, swollen feet and hands (thank you heat), my pelvis feels like it's coming apart if I'm on my feet for too long, lots of pressure in my lower abdomen - surprisingly though, nothing I mind. No heartburn really though! I think that's because the baby has dropped :) It's been great!  

Belly Button in or out? It seems more of an innie since the baby has dropped. 

Wedding rings on or off? Off. I have sausage fingers this week.
 
Happy or Moody most of the time: Very very happy :)  I feel the baby move so much every day now (getting comfy in there) it's such a fabulous feeling and total peace of mind! 
 
Looking forward to:  Wednesday. Then the baby will officially be full term and I won't feel bad about wishing her to come just a little bit early... but 3 weeks left either way... it should fly right??! I just want my baby! I'm all ready for her! 

1 comment:

  1. I remember those days all too well! I was dying in the Houston heat in May... And I felt as big as a whale. I was so happy to go to the hospital - I could not wait to meet Erin. :)

    ReplyDelete