Thursday, May 10, 2012

Redecorating the Bedroom

I had a surge of nesting mode this morning. We finally got rid of the dresser in our room so I used that as an opportunity to deep clean the entire bedroom. It was MUCH needed! In these old houses, you would not believe the amount of dust that accumulates. It's disgusting really. 

So of course after I cleaned and saw the newly open space, I decided to put Baby Girl's crib together! Well... the playard. 

We went with the Safety 1st Key West playard. I love it because of the attached (and able to be removed) changer for those middle of the night diapers! The bassinet feature is also nice because I can store stuff underneath. Space is of course a premium in our flat so that was a really nice bonus!

Things are starting to come together!  We have these really cute black and white VW Bug pictures we found at Primark (kind of a mix of Walmart and Forever 21). I mean, you can't beat 4 quid right? I am not sure exactly how we'll hang them, but perhaps that will be a weekend project for me and my baby daddy ;)

The only minor snafoo, the playard crib sheets I got from Target are a little small. I got the crib mattress pad (because the one it comes with is a little hard in my opinion) and I don't know if it's because it's a bit thicker with the mattress or if perhaps I bought the wrong sheets, but I think we will need some new sheets for baby girl. Perhaps that will be my task today :) 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment